July Parish Council Minutes

 

BISHOPSBOURNE PARISH COUNCIL

A Meeting of Bishopsbourne Parish Council was held at the Conrad Hall on Tuesday 4th July 2017 at 7.00p.m.
Present Cllr R Prestige – Chairman, Cllr N Rooke – Vice Chairman, Cllr L Parker, Cllr D Tapley, Mrs V McWilliams – Clerk
There were 5 members of the public present. The Chairman welcomed everyone and asked for any comments from the floor.

COUNCILLOR’S REPORT
City Cllr Simon Cook attended and reported that CCC is working hard with Serco to sort out recent problems with bin collections. There are several possibilities for the long term, but in the short term, they are concentrating on making sure the bins get collected, as they should. Please let CCC know of any issues that you may have so they can keep on top of them.
The first stage of consultation on the community governance review has started – please do feed into this, as we want to make sure we hear as many points of view as possible.
He said that he been in touch with the new Chief Inspector at Canterbury Police about a number of things, but in particular for Bishopsbourne to ask his officers to keep an eye on rural parking by lorries, especially in dangerous places like the Coldharbour Lane A2 on-slip.
CCC is continuing our focus on fly-tipping with a lorry used being crushed last week. Please keep reporting any incidents that you are aware of so we can clear them up as quickly as possible

1 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
County Cllr Northey sent his apologies due to a previous engagement. Cllr Jordan sent her apologies due to work commitments. Ian Burnistone sent his apologies.

2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
The minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 9th May 2017 were approved and signed by the Chairman.  Proposed by Cllr Parker, seconded by Cllr Rooke.
3. MEMBERS’ INTERESTS
No notification by members was given of any pecuniary or personal interest in items on the Agenda

4. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
There were mo matters arising.

5. FINANCE
Lloyds Bank £12,643.40
Monies In
VAT Return £180.95
Monies Out
Clerks Salary (2 months) x 20hrs at £10.50 = £210.00+ 0ffice maintenance £80 plus
Toner Cartridge (£22.73 +VAT £4.55) =Total £27.28 Stamps £21.24TOTAL £338.52

Lizzie Jordan Flowers £50.00 paid
AJL Garden Services £240.00
Total £628.52

6. PLANNING/TREES
17/00946. Variation of condition 02 (approved drawings) of planning permission (CA 16/02004/FUL for change of use and conversion of existing helicopter hangar to self-catering holiday accommodation with alterations to the external elevations to allow various minor alterations. Gorsley House Pett Bottom Road Bishopsbourne CT4 6EH.
Awaiting decision
CA/16/02145 Proposed single-storey extension to rear of building. Butter BallBarn, Middle Pett Farm, Pett Bottom Road, Bishopsbourne CT4 5PD Granted

7. HIGHWAYS
Cllr Tapley reported that footpath CB523 is very overgrown and almost impossible to walk along. The Clerk will chase PROW to see if it would be possible to get it cut back.

8. NEAME MEADOW
The ROSPA playground inspection is booked to take place at the end of July. Once the Clerk has received the report she will forward it on to Jamie Cole who will then do the repairs.
There is no further sign of any mole activity at the moment

9. COUNCILLORS RESPOSIBILITIES
Cllr Prestige Nothing to Report
Cllr Rooke        KALC- Nothing to report
Cllr Parker      Village Hall Liaison Officer -Nothing to report

10. GENERAL CORRESPONDENCE
Clerks & Councils Direct July 2017
Emails sent to all
Canterbury District Local Plan Inspectorates Report
Urgent evidence of HGVs using unsuitable Roads
NALC Chief Executive Bulletin 22 (16.6.2017)

KFRS/KALC Fire Hydrant initiatives
Kent Fire & rescue Service has written asking if residents will keep an eye on the fire hydrants in the parish and report to them anything untoward. Residents are asked not try and repair or inspect the hydrants themselves but report to the Fire Service.

Questionnaire for Towns & Parish Councils
Councillors completed the questionnaire the Clerk will now submit it.

NALC Chief Executive Bulletin 23 (23.6.2017)

CCC – Governance Review
The Chair and Clerk were asked to attend a meeting in the Guildhall on 26th July regarding the Community Governance Review, which the CCC is preparing. It will give an opportunity to look as to whether the current parish council arrangements are working in the most productive way.

It will look at how local residents can influence decisions and participate in local democracy and will consider if all parts of the district have the most suitable governance arrangements. A Questionnaire is being prepared and will be released on 21st July 2017.It is hoped all parishes will participate.

Further information can be obtained by logging on to the website at www.canterbury.gov.uk/your-council/have-your-say-/consultations/community-governance-review.

11. FAST BROADBAND
Cllr Rooke had spoken with George Chandler at KCC. There is nothing further to report at the moment but hopes to have an update on progress by the end of July. He will report back at the next meeting

12. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
The Clerk asked if there was any thing that the parish needed as application grant forms were now open. Councillors felt it would be a good idea to look into the cost of getting a defibrillator. The Clerk will do this and report back.

12.  DATE of NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be at 7.30pm on Tuesday, 5th September 2017.
The meeting closed at 8 15pm.