Minutes from Parish Council Meeting March 2017

BISHOPSBOURNE PARISH COUNCIL

A Meeting of Bishopsbourne Parish Council was held at the Conrad Hall on Tuesday 7th March 2017 at 7.30p.m.

Present Cllr R Prestige – Chairman,
Cllr N Rooke – Vice Chairman
Cllr G Allen,
Mrs V McWilliams – Clerk

There were 8 members of the public present. The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting then asked for any comments from the floor.

COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS

County Cllr Michael Northey attended the meeting and reported that KCC had 80% of children into their first choice of secondary schools, 11% into their second choice, 3% into their third choice and 1% into their fourth choice. This left 4% unable to get into their choice of schools. He stated that Kent was finding it more difficult to get children into schools of their choice.

City Cllr Simon Cook reported that following the City Council Government Grant this year they had received just enough finances to cope with their commitments without too much hardship, but could not predict that this would be the case next year. More Government cuts were to be expected.

Litter and fly-tipping was still an on going problem The City Council were employing more Enforcement Officers to try and combat the situation, eleven extra officers have now been employed by the Council and more will be expected. They will be inspecting all fly-tipping for traces as to who was doing it. In future, any householder paying someone to remove his or her rubbish will be fined as well as the trader doing the fly-tipping.

CCC is going to be much stricter with illegal parking in future.

There has been a spate of abandoned cars recently; anyone spotting one will be encouraged, even if it has been burnt out to report it to the City Council who will arrange for its removal.

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Cllr Jordan sent apologies as she was attending a funeral, Cllr Parker sent her apologies due to ill health. Ian Burniston sent his apologies.
2. MINUTES
The minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 17th January 2017 were approved and signed by the Chairman.  Proposed by Cllr Rooke and seconded by Cllr Allen.
3. MEMBERS’ INTERESTS
No notification by members was given of any pecuniary or personal interest in items on the Agenda

4. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES

Cllr Jordan had organised the flowers for Cllr Parker who delighted to receive them and send her thanks.

The Clerk had contacted BT asking them to repair the telephone kiosk at the end of Park Lane.

5. FINANCE

Lloyds Bank £6,633.13

Monies Out
Clerks Salary (2 months) x 20hrs at £10.50 = £210.00+ 0ffice maintenance £80-
Total £290.00

The Clerk reported that The Department for Communities and Local Government
had raised the Section 137 Expenditure Limit for 2017/2018 to £7.57 this is a 2% increase from last year.

6. PLANNING/TREES
Proposed single-storey extension to rear of building, Butter Ball Barn, Middle Pett Farm, Pett Bottom Road, Bishopsbourne CT4 5PD GRANTED.

CA/16/02759/FUL 1 Bourne Cottages, The Street, Bishopsbourne. Single-storey rear extension GRANTED.

CA/16/02455/FUL proposed modification and retention of gateway entry and wing walls. Mill House, the Old Saw Mill, Woodgate, Bishopsbourne. CT4 5JL (Refused) Appeal pending

7. HIGHWAYS
The drains in Frog Lane have now been cleared.
Cllr Allen reported that a second bollard had been knocked down in Cold Harbour Lane.

8. NEAME MEADOW
No further mole activity. It was agreed by all to ask Jamie Cole to do the repair work to the play equipment as soon as he could.

Cllr Prestige that the fencing along the meadow was not in the best state of repair whereas it is fairly secure at the moment it may need work doing in the future.

COUNCILLORS RESPONSIBILIES
Cllr Prestige Reported that Serco and now swept and cleaned Frog Lane. He had
arranged for the hedges to be cut along Park Lane, as well as Station
Road.
Cllr Rooke        KALC- Nothing to report
Cllr Jordan       Neame Meadow, Trees – Nothing to report
Cllr Allen         Police Forum – Nothing to report
Cllr Parker      Village Hall Liaison officer -Nothing to report

10. GENERAL CORRESPONDENCE

Clerks & Councils Direct March 2017

Emails sent to all
Section 137 Expenditure Limit for 2017/2018 £7.57
Community Housing Fund
Better Broadband
Neighbourhood Watch Conference

All the correspondence has been circulated amongst the Councillors and the necessary action taken

11. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.

Cllr Rooke reported that he was in contact with Open Reach regarding fast Broadband for the farm shop that will be opening shortly. He will copy details of the correspondence on to County Cllr Michael Northey who will see if he can add any further weight into get things moving.

Ian Burniston was unable to attend the meeting but reported that there was nothing to report with regard to flooding, it being quite a dry winter. No further news yet from Southern Water about the proposed Control Structure for Bishopsbourne.

Cllr Allen reported that she and her husband will be leaving The Mermaid Inn in May and leaving the village. She will be resigning from the Parish Council on 8th May 2017.
Cllr Prestige stated that they would be a sad lost to the village.

12.  DATE of NEXT MEETING

The AGM & AVM will take place in the Conrad Hall on Tuesday, 9th May
2017 starting at 7.00pm with the AGM followed by the AVM.

The meeting closed at 7.55pm.